New OpenWrt Release: stable 2011-05-28

kyak bas at bmail.ru
Tue May 31 13:06:38 EDT 2011

Hi David,

> > Hi this is the last 'backfire' openwrt release. we will move all works
> > from 'backfire' to 'trunk' after this release.
>
> > so Please always commit to 'trunk' branch for now. I will rename the
> > branch name again in next few days, like: (after do that I will send
> > email, for now just using 'trunk')
>
> Hi Xiangfu,
>
> will you release a new 'testing' image for the 'trunk' branch?
>
> I just switched my development environment to 'trunk'.  But my NanoNote
> is still on the 'latest' release, and won't be able to run the packages
> I'm currently compiling myself?

You will have to recompile your packages because
openwrt-xburst/backfire and openwrt-xburst/trunk are not binary compatible.

> I tried to only switch openwrt-packages.git to 'trunk' and continue
> using 'master' from openwrt-xburst.git, but compilation failed.

You need to switch to "trunk" both in openwrt-packages and
openwrt-xburst.

> Also I don't want to build&install config.minimal on my NanoNote, since
> that's a little limited.  And building config.full_system looks like a
> science of its own, I think don't have the time to make that work.

Trunk images are already building fine on buildhost, so you can test it.
The only problematic package that is inside the image is plplot. There
are some other failing to compile (around 25 of them), but all of them
are from openwrt upstream feeds. You can see for yourself from
BUILD_LOG.bz2 on buildhost
(http://fidelio.qi-hardware.com/~xiangfu/compile-log/openwrt-xburst.trunk-full_system-05292011-1533/)