Tests of I/O on various SD cards using Bonnie.

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Wed Nov 2 22:37:49 EDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 01:17 AM, Delbert Franz wrote:
> I have done some testing of the various SD cards I have in my
> collection.  I used the C program, Bonnie, much used in the past.  It
> is relatively small and uncomplicated, at least relatively so:) It
> compiles fine on the Ben with no problems with the latest image.

Hi

I try to include the Bonnie in image. found there are three bonnies:
   http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/bonnie/
   http://www.textuality.com/bonnie/intro.html
   http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/

by apply a small patch, it compile fine in nanonote. but I got a running error[1]
the patch and openwrt package makefile is here:
   http://qi-hw.com/p/openwrt-packages/114eb6b

have you modify the code. maybe we can include your version patch :)

Best Regards
xiangfu

[1]/data is the data partition.
root at BenNanoNote:~# bonnie  -d  /data
Bonnie 1.4: File '/data/Bonnie.772', size: 104857600, volumes: 1
Writing with putc()...         done:   4460 kB/s  55.1 %CPU
Rewriting... Bonnie: drastic I/O error (rewrite read): Bad address