battery hack pictures and updates on the EasyBoost

cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com
Tue Nov 8 13:15:36 EST 2011

 On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:27:10 -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com wrote:
>> Now what I did recently is to get some insulated crimp pin
>> connectors from RadioShack so as to have nice battery pins.
>
> Hmm, don't these metal pins make contact with the metal of the
> can ? If yes, this will short your battery ...

 in my tests, there was no shorting, but I do need a piece of something
 to make the batteries fit snug in the tin anyways.

> If you have enough space inside the box. maybe you could put
> in a little piece of wood and make the bare metal of the pins
> pass through the wood, and let only the isolated part protrude
> through the wall of the can.

 so the pins touching the metal wall of the can is ok if it is just on
 the outside? The wood would sort of prevent the pins from touching the
 inside of the tin?

 Thanks for the feedback!