battery hack pictures and updates on the EasyBoost

cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com
Tue Nov 8 23:50:53 EST 2011

 On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 00:45:39 -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com wrote:
>> The difference between that CAD file and my actual setup
>
> That difference is quite intentional :-)
>
>> is that the
>> thin metal parts of the pins only pass through the holes,
>
> And what's to stop them from making electrical contact
> with the can ?
>
>> your file shows the entire insulated circumference poking through
>> the tin.
>
> Where, due to the isolation, it doesn't make contact.
>
>> That would require me to make bigger and fewer holes.
>
> Or just one large hole and have the many small holes in the
> wood. Or maybe even have different wood inserts for different
> batteries.
>
> - Werner
>
> ________

 Ah yes! very good ideas! I like the 'many holes in wood approach' for
 now just to keep clutter down.

 Any ideas for making sure that the contacts do not get pulled out of
 the tin? Maybe a bolt of some kind?

 Also, if I make that fake wood battery to go in the Ben, what material
 could I use for the flat contacts? Would I just solder the wire onto the
 metal from behind?