New IRC logger

Freemor freemor at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 18 06:51:05 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 07:01:28AM +0400, Peter Zotov wrote:

> >*) the qi-bot could provide a way for people to opt-out of the
> >logging
> >it could maintain a per-channel list of nicks that don't want to
> >be logged
>
> Currently, all messages containing the string [off] (with the
> brackets) are
> not logged. I'm not sure how to make a secure and robust opt-out
> feature.

Great work on all this. Thanks for the time and effort.

Was thinking that a good way for people to opt-out of logging
would be to simply ammend their nick with a suffix i.e. "Freemor" for
regular everyday "Freemor_dnl" to not be logged. Then all the bot needs
to do is drop any messages from such nicks. just a thought

Regards,
Freemor