Nanonote sales to date? (functionality marketing message)

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 01:31:59 EST 2011

On 2011-11-24 at 23:28:43 +0100, Victor Remolina wrote:
> Unfortunately no one of the nice things you mention a NanoNote can do are
> into the list of no technical people or Geeks.

I know, but hopefully there are way more than 1500 geeks out there

> But there is a special thing no other hardware can do at this time...
>
> !!! change the uSD and converts NanoNote in a totally differnt hardware !!!
>
> I mean, only by changing the uSD you can convert your NanoNote in a Game
> Console, Media Player, Lesson trainer, everithing you want downloading an
> image and booting the NanoNote.

If I had a smartphone I could do all these things just by
downloading a small program (instead of a full OS image),
and change between them with no need to reboot.

This is a plus for somebody who wants to *build* a device
and need a working base for it, not really for the end user.

> Why Arduino sell so much?,

It does not sell to end-users, it sells to geeks and proto-geeks
who are interested in building stuff.
Also, it is cheap enough that people don't think twice
before buying it even if they have no real use for it;
the NN probably is a bit borderline in this regard,
(and the MilkyMist definitely above that limit for
most households, unluckily).

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''