USB host (was Re: What's the real problem with wireless on the Ben?)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Oct 4 13:29:24 EDT 2011

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> When NN is used at home or office,
> adding a USB hub would allow connecting a large, comfortable keyboard
> and a mouse.

Except that there are no low-speed hubs :-) Maybe it would be
possible to extend the concept also to full-speed, but let's
first see how things go with low-speed.

> Naturally adding USB host via Ben's 8:10 port and UBB
> offers a Hobbsian choice: do you want/need 802.15.4 radio,
> VGA, or USB host.

Yeah, having a lot of 8:10 card ports (in addition to integrating
the more desirable peripherals) is one of my wish list thems for
a Ben successor ;-)