USB host (was Re: What's the real problem with wireless on the Ben?)

Freemor freemor at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 5 21:03:52 EDT 2011

Nicely written Werner. Very clear and I must say reading it takes me
back to my days of writing terminal programs in 6502 assembler. The
machine I was writing for would shift the bits into a register one at a
time and fire an irq off when a full byte was done. You'd then read the
byte, toggle a bit to clear the register and signal that you had read it
and clear the irq flag. Writing a byte was the same process in reverse
(i.e. irq to signal that a full byte had been shifted out)

Regards,
Freemor