Using latest image--WOW!

Delbert Franz ddf at sonic.net
Wed Oct 12 18:32:31 EDT 2011

 On Wednesday 12 October 2011, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> On 10/07/2011 10:22 AM, Delbert Franz wrote:
> >   My LAN needs to
> > have the host name appear so that dhcp will work properly.  The source
> > of the problem is in the file: /lib/network/config.sh.  (I use a short
> > host name of "nn".)
>
> can you add one line: 'option hostname nn' to
> /etc/config/network file within the config interface lan section
> and try again. if it works fine I will add this line too in next release.
>
> thanks Jow.

I already had that line in the system file under /etc/config.sh
to redefine the hostname.  The problem is that the script in
config.sh attempts to put the hostname in the command line
but it fails to do so.  Here is what appears in the command line
of udhcpc in htop's display:

-t 0 -i usb0 -b -p /var/run/dhcp-usb0.pis rootpath -R

However, no "-H nn" appears unless I add it into the
script  explicitly.

$hostname is not defined so I added it to my /etc/profile
file and gave it the value of "nn".  However, that did not
appear to solve the problem either.  I think at a minimum
$hostname needs to be defined but doing so in /etc/profile
may be too late in the boot process.  So far I have not
found a way (with my limited knowledge of ash) to
get $hostname expanded properly in the command invocation
in config.sh.

              Delbert