Proof we should consider csound on the Ben

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:42:52 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 07:03:28AM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Yes, csound is totally great for ben and also for milkymist one.
>
> Speaking of making music on small machines, the following project
> looks interesting:
> http://members.chello.nl/w.boeke/SDL-widgets/index.html

Yeah, that thing for making electro music would be nice.
I saw that interesting to do a kaossilator [1] software for freerunner
one year ago or two.

The SDL-widgets part of that project is not nice for Ben Nanonote.
The idea of those widgets are just to be used with mouse, no keyboard.
So there are not shorcuts or keys to control the widgets (like,
for example, TAB to switch the focus to the next button, or something like
that). Nothing. I have sent some mails to the author (last year), to know
if he would like the idea to add keyboard support. But he does not. And it
is C++ as well, which I do not know much.

[1] http://www.korg.com/KAOSSILATOR

Rafa