Proof we should consider csound on the Ben

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:19:40 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 03:02:04AM +0000, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> > Yeah, that thing for making electro music would be nice.
>
> Totally agree. NanoNote could be a great little device to make
> electronic music. Do you have links to some software you think
> could work well? (besides the ones already mentioned)

Definitely we should have mod trackers. Do you remember the old
DOS era with those great programs to do mod or xm music ? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4mJ58VtPFw

(very often that music were used in demos or intros)

They use small music samples, and the whole music can be edited
writting music notes, setting times of the loops, etc. All
controlled by keyboard.

For Linux we have
http://schismtracker.org/wiki/Schism%20Tracker

which uses SDL, and has keyboard support for all the controls and widgets.
The only problem is that it uses 640x480. Somebody should modify
a bit the code to fit it in the 320x240 screen.

I used for years those trackers, downloading mod files, modifying them,
etc. All was too easy and the keyboard control for those programs
was great.

Rafa