Ben/Ya Nanonote

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sun Oct 16 19:49:56 EDT 2011

lee jones <slothpuck at gmail.com> writes:

> The current ben nanonote ( I do have one ) can very nearly replace
> my two most used current devices, a sansa fuze v2 and a nokia n900
> phone. I don't really use my nanonote very much though as normally
> either I'm at my desktop PC or I have those two devices with me. The
> ben nanonote can *almost* replace 'em, just wish it had usb host on!

My recommendation would be to just have the Ben replace the Sansa Fuze
(the Sansa *also* lacks USB host mode, doesn't it...?). :)

> Also did anyone ever manage to get rockbox to run on the nanonote?

I think that job is still available, if you want it ;)

Personally, after getting GJay working as a queue-manager for MPD
on my Nanonote, I've found it to be quite a delightful replacement
for the Rockbox device I was previously using. Whether the same
would be true for you probably depends on which rockbox features
are most dear to you, though.