Failed battery hack- analysis?

cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com
Sun Oct 23 14:29:16 EDT 2011

 So if I were to buy hardware, what would I need to make metal contacts
 for the batteries? I am trying to make prongs like cell phones have but
 perhaps within an Altoids tin or other external container then run a
 sturdy wire out which would connect to either a 'decoy' block battery
 with contacts or just connect the wires to the prongs on the Ben.

 Would I need a circuit booster or anything for the 3.6V cell phone
 batteries? Should I even use them, is it safe for the Ben?

 Thanks

  On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 01:03:31 -0500,  wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:55:39 -0500,  wrote:

>>> Let me see if I understand you correctly: you have two lengths of
>>> headphone wire, both of them with two wires in it (one
>>> not-insulated
>>> plain copper, and one insulated (with a color)), and you have
>>> connected both wires of one length to + on the battery and + on the
>>> Ben, and both wires of the other length to - on the battery and -
>>> on
>>> the Ben? And neither length is connected to the other?
>>>
>>> If so, this should not be a problem in itself, as long as there is
>>> an
>>> electrical connection - but you should only really need one wire
>>> for
>>> each of + and -, so you could instead use just one length and e.g.
>>> connect the uninsulated wire to - on both, and the insulated one
>>> (after stripping some of its insulation) to + on both.
>>>
>>> Or if you prefer to use two lengths, you could connect just one
>>> wire
>>> from each (e.g. the uninsulated copper wire).
>>>
>>> In either case you need to be careful so that + and - don't touch
>>> each other anywhere - there must be some isolation between the two.
>>>

>>> One thing you can try is, after connecting the wires to the
>>> battery,
>>> measure the other ends of the wires to see if there's a good
>>> voltage
>>> there. If not, there either isn't a good connection between the