How Far Should I go?

Alan Post alanpost at sunflowerriver.org
Mon Oct 24 15:58:40 EDT 2011

I've never tried; I doubt it would work, but only for these reasons:

 - I *think* we still have kernel patches in OpenWRT that aren't
   pushed upstream.  Those patches would need to be applied to your
	 kernel tree, along with the appropriate kernel config file.
 - The squashfs/tgz filesystem would need to be converted to
   something that can be flashed to the Ben.

Aboriginal Linux is not properly a linux distribution.  It's the
smallest possible self-hosting Linux system.  There is no curses
library, most of the tools included in busybox don't have files
in /etc set up, &c.

When I say it is qemu-ready, I mean that you can use the program
qemu to run the resulting system in that emulator.  The "novel"
thing to do in that emulator is of course to compile Aboriginal
Linux again. :-)

-Alan

.i ma'a lo bradi cu penmi gi'e du