[Milkymist-devel] $99 Minimist?

James Haggerty james.haggerty at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:26:18 EDT 2011

On 27 October 2011 03:27, Sébastien Bourdeauducq
<sebastien at milkymist.org> wrote:
> 1) open source enthusiasts and developers, who do not want to spend much
> money on a tech product (unless there is a Apple logo on it).

Yes, if you can do this for $99 I think it's a definite winner for (1)
if you can reach the right people. Witness enthusiasm for Raspberry
Pi, Beagleboard, SheevaPlug, etc. Providing that 'weird device' buzz
along with extra openness, + a potential first chance to mess around
with FPGAs...

But you almost want two completely separate sites/promotion
methods/communities for (1) and (2), which may be hard to achieve.

With that spec sheet, you could probably also sell to (3): old
computer/console emulation enthusiasts. May be worth a few extra
sales.