labsw: first prototype pictures

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Sun Sep 4 10:22:07 EDT 2011

I made the first version of the PCB and took a few pictures. This is
the top:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/labsw/tmp/labsw-0-top.jpg

The bottom, where a few minor problems are visible (to be addressed
in the next version):

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/labsw/tmp/labsw-0-bottom.jpg

And finally all the components that go to the front panel:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/labsw/tmp/labsw-0-ext.jpg

There are a number of component choices that will have to change for
a future version that can operate at mains voltages, including the
metallic spacers and the banana sockets with nicely exposed chrome.
I'll also socket the relays.

It already enumerates on USB (*) and I've verified that at least one
button, one bi-color LED, and one of the relays work. So things are
looking good this far.

(*) USB ID 20b7:7ab5 "LabS"
    http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/USB_product_ID_assignments

Next stop: the front panel.