Qi-Hardware logo: keep-out areas

Allin Kahrl qbject at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 21:58:18 EDT 2011

<werner at almesberger.net> wrote:
> Whee, looks great ! Is this something QCad can do automatically ?

Thanks! :) To be honest, I never thought to look until you asked. I
find that manually rendering isometric projections is at least
meditatively tedious.

As it happens, according to this fellow (and others):
http://jamesmcdonald.id.au/it-tips/open-source-apps/qcad-isometric-projections-made-easy

there _is_ a built-in isometric projection tool in QCad, in the Modify
menu. However, in my copy (on Crunchbang Statler, I believe from the
Debian Squeeze repos) I cannot find the menu option he mentions. If
anyone else using QCad would be willing to take a look and let us know
what they find, I would appreciate it.

I _just_ started using QCad and I'm still working to apply knowledge
from other CAD systems I've worked with. Once I've streamlined my
isometric projection process a little more I'll write it up for the
wiki if there's any interest. While it is labor-intensive and creates
an opportunity to introduce errors into the design, it also provides a
way to check the integrity of a three-view drawing, is kinda fun,  and
helps squeeze a little more functionality out of QCad Community
Edition's limitations.

[a]

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Werner Almesberger