bizarre questions

cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com cenobyte at dragoncrypt.com
Thu Sep 8 00:33:32 EDT 2011

 Hello again, me and Jane are interested in "cosmetic" hacking of the
 Ben. As you may know, I rearranged my keyboard, but I am interested to
 see if I can make a complete replacement. It looks like there are 3
 basic elements, the metal sheet, the keys, and the rubber backing. I
 have already shown that it is pretty easy to hand make an acceptable key
 and introduce it to the sheet with no ill effects, so I would just need
 to find a thin thing for the metal sheet replacement. Are the details of
 the keyboard somewhere in the schematics? What are the details on how it
 is machined? Is anyone else interested in an alternate keyboard?
 Secondly, what material might I use to make a face-plate for the Ben?
 what is on there now is some type of metal? I don't really know much
 about the plastic molding process, but I am interested in how the
 external of the Ben is made to perhaps alter it as much as can be done
 by one with no special equipment.