kexec

Yury Bushmelev jay4mail at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 06:45:02 EDT 2011

2011/9/11 Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 02:53:22AM +0400, Yury Bushmelev wrote:
>
>> Hello! Me and kyak are spend some time to get kexec working on NN some
>> time ago (about 2.6.35 kernel). Main problem was kernel cmdline. Some
>> desync was found between kernel sources and kexec-tools. So cmdline
>> was not passed to kernel.
>
> How can I check whether this is still the case?

kexec -l /boot/vmlinux --append="test_kexec_cmdline"
kexec -e

If system boot ok you may check dmesg or /proc/cmdline for
test_kexec_cmdline tag.
If system does not boot, you can't check w/o serial console, imho.

iirc, kyak have done some patches right for this test case.

btw, --append kexec option is appending to original cmdline which is
passed as is too.
To override original cmdline use --cmdline option.

--
Yury Bushmelev