USB to Ethernet (Cat5+RJ45) cable to connect the Nanonote to an Ethernet port on a PC

Ernest Kugel erik.kugel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:59:14 EDT 2011

Hi guys, If wanted to make a USB to Ethernet (Cat5+RJ45) cable myself,
to connect the Nanonote to an Ethernet port on a PC. My question is,
which pins on the Ethernet Jack should I connect to the pins on the USB
tip? Or, which cat5 wires should I connect to the 4 cables in a usb
wire? I found some instructions online but there was no explanation on
the choice of pin routes. They were also meant for a web-cam, and not
for networking. Should I just Connect D+ to D+ and D- to D- and leave
power and grounding on the USB un-wired, or does this make no sense?
Please note I have zero background in circuits or electric engineering,
and would prefer not to fry myself or the equipment...

Thanks in advance!

--
Ernest Kugel