USB to Ethernet (Cat5+RJ45) cable to connect the Nanonote to an Ethernet port on a PC

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 03:55:12 EDT 2011

> Nice folk on IRC pointed out that this is a nice fantasy bit will not
> be possible without a USB host. Can't wait for a Nanonote with USB
> host!

Well, but what is the problem with ethernet-over-usb anyways?  You *do*
have USB on your PC, haven't you?

If you prefer ethernet over USB for using longer cables, you might want
to consider using USB-over-CAT5 transceivers.  This one here (DIGITUS
DA-70139, about 15 EUR) can extend USB over CAT5 cables up to 60 meter
long:

http://www.reichelt.de/USB-Kabel/DIGITUS-DA-70139/index.html?;ACTION=3;LA=444;GROUP=EU4;GROUPID=4832;ARTICLE=92387;START=0;SORT=artnr;OFFSET=16;SID=12TnhF-n8AAAIAAHvXkLw61da92b97f4d6eb4f66dd8d5e2377562

cheers,

David