Report from Free Software Day Szeged - Hungary

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat Sep 24 06:44:30 EDT 2011

Zoltan,
just confirming 2 links so I get the news right.

The event was OSOL, right?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OSOL_Conference_Szeged

and this is you? :-)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Zoltanh721

> The Milkymist has generated a bit less louder interest for first, but
> the end of the day half of the flyers also are gone and told many
> times the purpose and it's great design.

Yes this will take some time to sink in. For free software hackers,
Verilog will open a new world really. We need to continuously lower
the barriers of entry, open up the tools, maybe create some interesting
expansion boards, etc.
I vaguely remember Szeged as the home of some really good mplayer
hackers? Is that possible? That's one of the big and important
missing pieces in Milkymist One now - real time encoding into
WebM (or OggTheora) :-)

Of course there's much more that could be done with and inside
Milkymist One, and lead to amazing new applications and products,
but people first have to understand the platform and think about
it. Thank you so much for helping spread the word!

Wolfgang