Report from Free Software Day Szeged - Hungary

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 08:29:41 EDT 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

Yes, both links are correct. Yeah, not the best picture of me (hell,
really crap :) - but yeah, it's me). Szeged OSOL (Open Source Lab) is
one of the biggest open source venue and event here at Hungary, and
their site is at www.sfd.org.hu. Here was the first home of spreading
linux with debian packages....
Btw, yes - few of the mplayer developers are from Szeged - and if you
would like to have some assistance to this encoding support - I can
help to you to find the right persons. As far as I remember at Fedora
the WebM support was made/integrated by Bert Desmet, for Mplayer I
think the best man for you is Arpad Gereoffy (he is from Budapest -
http://interoot.hu). Hopefully both guys can help you. For Ogg/Theora
I don't have any contact yet, but I will look for you if it's helps.

Ps: I will go to FudCon Milan at next week, and I will attand also at
FOSDEM too, it would be nice to meet with you guys.

Regards,

Zoltan Hoppar
Fedora Ambassador
Hungary