problem usb port recognizing Ben

Stratman2 Marshall entfred at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:11:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

My electronics guru friend loved the keyboard on the Ben - he was very impressed with how well built it was.
On the other hand, an old COBOL programmer friend held the Ben in his hand and was more amused than anything. He didn't know what to make of the Ben!

I loaded a linux distro off of one of these bootable distros dvd.  Linux booted up ok, but the Ben was not recognized on my HP Pavillion Elite PC's usb port.
The HP appears to recognize normal USB readable devices ok, like a web cam, memory stick etc...

Has anyone had difficulty getting their PC to recognize the Ben?

Eventually I plan on getting a PC or laptop and just install Linux on it, which will probably work better, but for right now,
I am going to experiment a bit more.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Stratman2