mplayer broken?

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Apr 3 20:14:07 EDT 2012

Hi,

the mplayer in the latest march firmware has some shared library
dependency problem preventing it from starting.

However, even if I recompile mplayer myself without the dependency
problems, the resulting mplayer binary segfaults.  Even without hardware
acceleration (-vo fbdev) it hangs after the first frame.

Any idea what's wrong?  Am I just hitting some other weird shared
library problem (incompatible version?)  What's changed since the march
release?

Or is this just a local problem (caused by me), and anybody else had
more luck?

cheers,

David