mplayer broken?

kyak bas at bmail.ru
Wed Apr 4 02:45:53 EDT 2012

Hi David,

I also got the same problem with mplayer.

At first, i can't get rid of X11 lib dependencies.

I added
--disable-xmga
--disable-xshape
--disable-xinerama
in Makefile, but still mplayer binary wants libX11.so.6.

When i provided that lib to mplayer (libX11.so.6 is available in
staging_dir somewhere), it segfaults. So i can only help by confirming the
same problem exists for me, i didn't investigate further