2012-04-04 image - experiences

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:04:32 EDT 2012

Wolfgang,

Did you see my post a week or two ago suggesting that sharism offer Ben
Nanonote image for sale as a microSD card?

Maybe my error is thinking that would allow a very easy upgrade for a fresh
Ben NN ordered from sharism
that is shipped with approx. 18 month down revision code.

My assumption is there is a subset of your customer base who would gladly
pay for a microSD in order to avoid what to
a non-guru can be the somewhat daunting task of upgrading.

Having said that, in my gut I suspect the problem is not that simple due to
need for a new bootloader, etc.

So it may be that investing in a one time reflash of remaining Ben stock
and then rasing the price by $10 or whatever is needed to cover that
incremental cost would make sense.

Or maybe there is no demand for Ben NN from those who are not eager to go
thorough the upgrade process?

be well
---
Ron K. Jeffries
p.s. who does not own a Ben, but would not wish to order a seriously down
rev model. ;)