[KiCad M1R4] First KiCad version for Milkymist One Schematics.

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Tue Apr 24 09:29:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

We just generated first KiCad Milkymist One whole schematics for R4 version:
https://github.com/milkymist/board-m1

An own library of KiCad components also be needed:
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/kicad-libs/

It's supposedly and equally designed/copied as to the one from latest
Altium Designer version:
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/milkymist_one/sch/20120323/Milkymist%20One%20R4%20-%2020120323.pdf

Currently KiCad tool and patches we used came from:
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/eda-tools/source/tree/master/kicad-patches
To install patches, please follow README for help.

here's great pdf generated from Werner, he may introduce more idea of
categories of components structure in another thread. :-)
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/tmp/kicad-libs-components.pdf

about this KiCad M1r4, things to be reviewed/suggested:
1. directions of global labels
2. stupid wrong text, etc.
3. better look; like part's value and reference orientation, etc.
4. better work flow, else.

next step:
to create modules(footprints)

looking forward to hearing feedback from this and more people can join and
contribute. :)

Thanks,
-adam