[Qi Hardware Discuss] SIMD instructions in jz4720

Alan W Black awb at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:50:14 EDT 2012

Sorry I've note had time to update my ebook reader Bard (though I do use
it as my primary ebook reader all the time) and importantly (to me) the
flite synthesizer, but I just updated my nanonote to the latest release
and am hopefully re-enthused.

I note that the jz4720 has SIMD instructions and I wonder if I can use
this to make the better synthesis technique fast enough on the Nanonote.
  In my real job we have been working on synthesis (and display) support
for 7 Indian languages -- and we do have a Mandarin synthesizer too and
I'd like that all to work on the Nanonote.

Back in 2009 on the list I see comments from Wolfgang about some
(enough?) of the SIMD information being released to allow some hacking.
http://lists.en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2009-September/000471.html
He refers to a previous message but I can't seem to find that.

What is the status of SIMD support, does the latest mplayer use them?
Can I find some C code (or just assembler instructions details) that
might help me try some things out?

thanks

Alan