Clap/Whistle For Action?

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Sat Dec 22 07:47:37 EST 2012

On 22-12-12 05:18, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross wrote:
> Can the NN cope with monitoring the mic for a clap/whistle or two so one
> can have clap/whistle to stop/pause/play audio recording/playing?

I think it should be possible. I would go for C, because Python is
heavier and such a daemon would always run, so performance matters.

Also, to the python script seems to really want to drain your battery;
it encodes the stream into ogg vorbis before discarding it. I'm not sure
which part of the pipeline you need for getting the message, but
encoding is almost certainly not required. And it's the most
cpu-intensive part of sound processing.

Anyway, if you want to know if it's acceptable (it will work, but
performance may be bad), you'll have to try.

Thanks,
Bas