NN @ Amazon

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Feb 9 14:58:32 EST 2012

Christoph at pulster.de (Christoph Pulster) writes:

> Seller "Freedom Included Inc" sells for USD 94 incl. shipping.
> Is this Sharism itself ?

No, Freedom Included is not Sharism; Freedom Included is a small
company in Boston, USA; they started out just selling Lemote's Yeeloong
laptops/netbooks and only started selling Nanonotes recently.

I believe that bought a large batch of them; maybe they were able to get
some sort of volume discount. Or maybe they had someone who was travelling
from Hong Kong to the US bring a batch over so that they could save on
shipping? You'd have to ask them :)

> As a reseller it is very hard to compete with this dumping price.
> It is below my buy price from distributor Tuxbrain.  This is not
> good for the Qi project.

But you're in Germany. Tuxbrain is in Spain. You're both
in the EU. Sharism is in Hong Kong. Freedom Included is in the USA.

The taxes, customs charges, shipping charges, and all sorts of
other things are different between the different countries/regions.

Have you tried importing a single NanoNote unit at ~100 USD from the USA
to Germany? After shipping, customs processing, and whatever taxes
might get added onto it..., how much does it end up costing?
I haven't seen any figures for this. It'd be interesting to know
whether the `99 USD in America' price is actually competetive with you.
I haven't tried that experiment (I live in the US, a few tens of miles
away from Freedom Included actually..., but I bought both of my
Nanonote units before Freedom Included started carrying them;
so I got them directly from Sharism for a total of $130/each).