NN @ Amazon

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Thu Feb 9 17:00:40 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 01:46:38PM -0500, James "Xakh" Lynch wrote:

> I'm sorry, that last post really read like an advertisement. The Nanonote,
> as sold by Sharism, one of the official partners of Qi-Hardware, sells the
> device for about 99 dollars American. Tuxbrain sells them for quite a bit
> more for some reason.

I guess the reason is to get some profit out of them?

I bought my NanoNote from TuxBrain and I didn’t mind the price
difference: here in Italy we’re used to this sort of thing, prices in
USD are commonly converted to prices in Euros without taking the actual
exchange rate into account. I believe this is because of VAT, which is
21%: so the price is really ~ $120, which translates to ~ €90, much
closer to the €99 price point TuxBrain is asking.

Anyway, assuming TuxBrain is really charging too much for a NanoNote,
what prevents you from doing the same? They sold quite a number of them…

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>