I need swap on Debian now

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Sat Feb 18 04:39:50 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I have been having a grand time in Debian Sid on by Ben synthesizing sound with csound, but I recently set up imagemagick (hand installing deb's) and a simple 'convert' operation took all my memory to the point that the process got killed. I tried to set up swap on the NAND, but had no success. Is a usd the only way to get swap, and if so, is it worth it? I would like to have swap on the NAND, or at least be able to leave the installation on the NAND. Maybe I could setup a swap on the sd with the contingency that the card is mounted? Or do swap partitions have to be mounted? Thanks and happy hacking

-Jane