Nanonote Chinese variant ?

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Mon Jan 2 10:27:34 EST 2012

On 01/02/2012 03:47 PM, Christoph Pulster wrote:
> I see a similar looking unit, but no infos on manufactorer a-one.
> This seems quite a non-open issue:-)
> So what is the deal with the Nanonote ? is it "just" a relabeled cheap
> Chinese OEM unit with some Linux additions ?

Hi Chris

that is not "just" a relabeled cheap Chinese OEM and that is not "some" Linux additions. :)

we have DONE a LOT of software works on Ben Nanonote. you may know the upstream
kernel/u-boot/openwrt/debian. that make everybody who want use jz4740 cpu more easier

as Jon describe in his presentation:[1]
  "Open Hardware manufacturing is an attempt at lowering
   the cost of innovation and entry to market "

that is why we use the same case, OEM etc. but the meaning is different. a
Dictionary is totally different with a Linux system with 2900+ packages. :)

Qi Hardware already have the AVT2[2] PCB out (with usb host). you can image the Ya Nanonote from
Qi Hardware(if Qi Hardware have money and time to do that. I have no idea about plan. I am a coder :)
without Ben Nanonote. we will not have those ideas about Ya Nanonote. and no feedbacks.

Ben Nanonote is important. at least I have learned a lot of things form Ben Nanonote. :)

in fact Qi Hardware and Sharism is going on. as you may know the Milkymist one RC3 is finished[3],
a total yield ratio 88pcs / 90pcs. (97.8%) is came out. cool. and Werner already tested on RC4.

best regards
xiangfu

[1]http://en.qi-hardware.com/w/images/4/4a/Open-hardware-manufacturing-from-china-tti-vanguard-outlines.svg
[2]http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/qi_avt2/v1.0/