I'm back! (sort of)

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Fri Jan 20 20:06:11 EST 2012

Ok, so I cannot get sound to work and it is driving me quite crazy. I successfully got the modules from the qi-rootfs and copied them to /lib/modules/2.6.32.10/ on my Ben using the uSD. then I did depmod -a and vi /etc/modules and added the snd_whatever one to the empty list. I also copied the modules to /lib/modules/ just in case. After multiple reboots, no sound. I undertook to install alsa-base, alsa-utils, and all the dependencies by hand. The sound device is just not set up right. I do not know how to load modules by hand, but if I did, I would load the snd_qi-lb60 one. 'lsmod' always shows nothing so I know I am missing some step. I also do not have the command alsaconf so cannot use that.

Please help if you can, I hope to make a live video of the Ben rendering and then playing some synthesized sound.

Thanks