I'm back! (sort of)

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Fri Jan 20 23:08:16 EST 2012

Jane, so great to have you back! I am sitting here looking at my
lovely case hand made by you, keeping my nanonote warm on my desk in
cold beijing!

I look forward to your great contributions!

I hope you will also join us in adding that special sharism to the
project: http://sharism.org

Jon

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> wrote:
> Welcome back Jane.
>
> after
> 2011-05-28(http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/OpenWrt_Software_Image#Image_2011-05-28)
> we make the sound module build-in kernel. no needs load module at all.
>
> so if you are using a 2.6.32 kernel under debian. I would advice just try
> this kernel:
>  http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/NanoNote/Ben/2011-05-28/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-uImage.bin
>
> should be ok.
>

> On 01/21/2012 09:06 AM, Jane Andreas wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so I cannot get sound to work and it is driving me quite crazy. I
>> successfully got the modules from the qi-rootfs and copied them
>> to/lib/modules/2.6.32.10/ on my Ben using the uSD. then I did depmod
>>
>> -a and vi /etc/modules and added the snd_whatever one to the empty
>> list. I also copied the modules to /lib/modules/  just in case. After
>> multiple reboots, no sound. I undertook to install alsa-base,
>> alsa-utils, and all the dependencies by hand. The sound device is
>> just not set up right. I do not know how to load modules by hand, but
>> if I did, I would load the snd_qi-lb60 one. 'lsmod' always shows
>> nothing so I know I am missing some step. I also do not have the
>> command alsaconf so cannot use that.
>>
>> Please help if you can, I hope to make a live video of the Ben
>> rendering and then playing some synthesized sound.
>>
>> Thanks

Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)