I'm back! (sort of)

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Fri Jan 27 16:09:59 EST 2012

Hi Jane,

any chance of using a decent mail client in the future? The one you’re
currently using doesn’t seem to properly support quoting, and that fact
makes it really difficult to follow the conversation.

(There’s a great one called mutt you can install on your NanoNote, if
 you decide you want to configure USB Ethernet after all ;)

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 01:14:45PM -0500, Jane Andreas wrote:

> Speaking of configuration files, I am wondering what the best approach
> to changing my keymap to Colemak is... I want to leave everything else
> the same, like the numpad, red keys, arrow keys, enter, etc. and just
> change the letter keys. So would it be better to have a separate file
> that I load after boot, or modify my current one (wherever that is...)
> What about trying to change locales in Debian? I will wait a while on
> this to see what people think...

The standard way you configure the keyboard layout on Debian is by
editing the /etc/default/keyboard file, and changing XKBVARIANT so that
the relevant line reads

	XKBVARIANT="colemak"

After a reboot, your keyboard should use the awesome Colemak layout.

I don’t know how well this will play with the special keys such as Fn,
though, so make sure to let us know how it goes.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>