Statistics: May 2012

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Sat Jun 2 11:54:38 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 03:22:07AM +0200, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

> We are going to increase the prices of the Ben NanoNote to 149 USD
> plus shipping, and the Milkymist One to 799 USD plus shipping.
> Probably starting July 1st, so everybody has ample time to order
> at the old prices. Is July 1st OK?
> The reasons for this increase are manyfold, if anyone has specific
> questions please ask and I will reply. We are paving the way for
> a great future for those devices and our 3rd product :-)

I don't have specific questions, but I'm pretty curious about the
overall reasoning.

We are used to products getting cheaper, not more expensive, after
they have been on the marketplace for some time, and the Ben NanoNote
was (due to its own nature) not a huge seller to begin with.

I guess I just don't see what kind of benefit you are expecting to
obtain, and I'll be glad if you could elaborate.

> http://www.tuxbrain.com/en/content/we-are-fulminating-stock-cheap-cheap-aka-tuxbrains-reborn
> (sad to see him go, EU sales will become more difficult now and
> hopefully he will be back one day)

I think it would be great, for transparency's sake, if TuxBrain showed
the original price as well as the discounted one.

Not that I don't trust David, I bought my NanoNote from him and if an
Europe-based shop hadn't been available at the time I would have
probably skipped it altogether due to the high cost of importing
products from the US.

> P.S.: Is anyone reading this?

I am ;)

--