IPv6 on Ben Nanonote

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Fri Jun 15 06:14:27 EDT 2012

> On 06/13/2012 09:27 AM, David Kuehling wrote:
>> BenNanoNote$ ip -6 address add dev usb0 RTNETLINK answers: operation
>> not supported

> Hi

> After run those command. I got a ipv6 address under nanonote: opkg
> update && opkg install kmod-ipv6 after install the kmod-ipv6, the usb0
> will got a ipv6 address automatically

Neat.  Putting ipv6 in a kernel module is a good idea.  Takes up quite
some RAM I guess, and most people won't need it anyways (BTW /me thinks
we should also move sound, vfat, ext2 into on-demand kernel modules to
free up RAM).  Installing the ipk by default would be nice, though.

> Then I can ping6 from/to host ping6 -I usb0 fe80::a8ad:93ff:fe3f:3be3

> Just quick test ssh -6 to nanonote. I think the 'dropbear' not support
> ipv6 yet or not enabled.

When running dropbear via xinetd we should just need another xinetd
config file to listen on the ipv6 port 22?  Do we already use xinetd?
Would also save some RAM.  Will try to have a look this weekend.

cheers,

David