IPv6 on Ben Nanonote

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sun Jun 17 02:11:52 EDT 2012

Replying to myself,

> Looking here [1] I think the nanonote may be able to send router
> solicitations directly from the Kernel, without any daemon required.
> Though making the NanoNote a "router" is also somewhat ugly?

> [1] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/proc-sys-net-ipv6..html

This doesn't help: Linux kernel can send out router *solicitations* but
not router *advertisements* :/

Maybe we should configure nanonotes to use a fixed (static) link-local
address.  This can't break anything, as the address is link-local WRT
the two-endpoint usb link anyways.  And we gain access to the nanonote
via a well-defined address that does not require any setup on the host
(other than making sure usb0 interface is up).

cheers,

David