Case of the missing + key

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Thu Mar 1 02:27:47 EST 2012

Hello everyone, it's good to be back in communication and so good to hear that it was not a hangup on my side that caused there to be odd silence on the list for a while. And thanks to Wolfgang for apologizing to me specifically- now I feel special ;)

Anyways, my odd issue this time is that my keymap seems to be missing a '+' key.
I am running Debian Sid on my Ben and have not (permanently) modded my keymap to Colemak or anything else- I am still using the stock keymap as it came.
As far as I can tell, everything else works like the Fn numpad, the shift key, etc.
It's just that when I hit Shift-=, nothing is printed. I already installed the console-data deb and ran 'dpkg-reconfigure console-data' but that did not change anything. I am thinking that I need to edit a default keymap file but do not know where that would be. I actually need the + key now that I am writing Csound source code and Espeak also requires the + key to get a female voice option. I think even as technology advances, a hacker needs their keyboard.

Any input on how I can get access to the + key?

Thanks and let's breathe a collective sigh of relief that the list is back up! Ahhhhh!