Lytro light-field camera shipping

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Thu Mar 1 03:05:17 EST 2012

This is not open hardware but cool hardware, so I thought it's
worth sharing here, a review of the Lytro light-field camera

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/29/2821763/lytro-review

Seems that thing can be bought for 300-400 USD now, an amazing
achievement from a small startup. To read more about light-field
cameras, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-field_camera

If someone has the money and motivation to buy some of these, I
would love to reverse it and see how it's built... I'm overloaded
with great Milkymist and Qi tasks right now, but eventually I'll
get to it myself and surely post the results here.
Happy reading, Cheers,
Wolfgang