Thoughts on hacking gtypist on Ben

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Fri Mar 9 20:50:22 EST 2012

After getting gtypist to technically run on the Ben, both in OpenWRT and Debian Sid, I have found that whenever I run it, it complains that line 40 is too long for screen. I found that on Debian, the default .typ file is somewhere different than the manual says. I think the manual says /usr/local/share/gtypist/
but on sid it was /usr/share/ or something like that. Anyways, I tried modifying that file and when I run gtypist now, it complains that some lines are actually missing. Might we need to change actual gtypist source code to get it working? It seems unlikely, but maybe.,..maybe I just did not modify it right.