discussion Digest, Vol 26, Issue 15

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Wed Mar 21 17:44:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:46:41AM -0700, Ron K. Jeffries wrote:

> How functional is Guile on Ben Nanonote? Is teh small screen an issue?
>
> Curious how people** are using Guile on NN. It's pretty amazing that this
> Lisp variant runs at all on the platform.
>
> ** I wonder what N is for: "N of Guile users on Nanonote platform"?

Count me in.

I have written my fair amount of Scheme scripts on the Ben Nanonote: the
screen is a tad small and a full–size keyboard is of course much more
confortable for programming, but I’d say it’s a pretty acceptable
experience overall.

Plus, with 32MB of RAM you really get to appreciate the difference between
a properly tail recursive function and one that isn’t ;)

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>