New OpenWrt Release: stable 2012-03-18

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Thu Mar 29 02:51:44 EDT 2012

On 29-03-12 03:29, David Kuehling wrote:
> What's "tt"?  Tried  /etc/dropbear/authorized_keys and
> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys both with RSA and DSA keys.  Nothing works.
> Typed my password already a thousand times when uploading test-packages
> :/

I don't know about this problem specifically, but what may help is
- look at the log lines of sshd. On Debian, they're in
/var/log/auth.log. I don't know about openwrt, but they'll be in
/var/log. It might well reveal why it's refusing the connection.
- A common problem is that ssh refuses to use its .ssh directory if it
doesn't have 700 permissions. If you just created it with mkdir, it's 755.

HTH,
Bas