Any experience with an Xburst Mips-based netbook:EPC-7000a-Linux?

Delbert Franz ddf at sonic.net
Mon Oct 8 20:21:26 EDT 2012

Thanks for the clarification.  I suspect the larger RAM would allow
this machine to compile faster than the Nanonote does.  I get large
swap space on compiles of rather modest programs, especially at opt
level 2.  I have enabled 128 MB of swap on the SD card and the highest
use I have seen is about 47 MB.  However, I think I might explore the
tool-chain avenue once the compile times get too large on the
Nanonote.  However, with two Nanonotes, I can have one busy compiling
while I work on the next project on the other:-)

I'm curious about the CPU numbers as well.  I thought the core was
Jz4720 according to some of the specs on the web pages but the Jz4740
number shows up now and again in some of the messages:-)  So what is
REALLY inside?  Would that the REAL core would step forward and id
itself:-)

Also I have formated the root filesystem on the SD card as ext2 but
some of the boot messages that show up indicate that it is being read
by an ext4 routine!  Can the root fs be ext4?  AFAIK it had to be
ext2.  The mysteries never seem to cease in the vast world of computer
software and hardware:)

Happy computing to all,
                   Delbert