Cannot ssh out of NN to another machine on my LAN. Other direction works fine.

Delbert Franz ddf at sonic.net
Wed Sep 12 23:27:58 EDT 2012

Have another thing I cannot get to work on the NN.  I can ssh to the
NN from other computers in my network.  However, so far, I have not
been able to ssh from the NN to any other machine in the network.
Note: I am not using dropbear but openssh-server and openssh-client.
Those seem to work better with Git in my limited experience.  The
message I get back on the NN when I try to ssh to a host on my LAN is:

ssh: connect to host <whatever> port 22: Connection timed out.

This takes a long time so there seems to be sufficient time out.
Connection time from a machine on my LAN to the NN is so fast there is
hardly a noticeable delay.

The contents of ssh_config and sshd_config have been made the same on
the NN as on one of my other machines.  All I had to do was comment
two lines in ssh_config for some unsupported options.

Any ideas?

          Thanks,
              Delbert