Cannot ssh out of NN to another machine on my LAN. Other direction works fine.

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Thu Sep 13 04:39:50 EDT 2012

> Have another thing I cannot get to work on the NN.  I can ssh to the
> NN from other computers in my network.  However, so far, I have not
> been able to ssh from the NN to any other machine in the network.
> Note: I am not using dropbear but openssh-server and openssh-client.
> Those seem to work better with Git in my limited experience.  The
> message I get back on the NN when I try to ssh to a host on my LAN is:

> ssh: connect to host <whatever> port 22: Connection timed out.

How is you usb0 network configured?  Is it bridged to the LAN?  Or is it
merely routed?  How are your routing tables set up at the hosts in
question?  Are you employing NAT somewhere on the route to/from the
nanonote?  Can you ping the other hosts?  Have the other hosts an ssh
server installed (and no firewall interfers)?

cheers,

David