QEMU compatibility

Hans Bezemer thebeez at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 14 19:39:11 EDT 2012

On Friday 14 September 2012, discussion-request at lists.en.qi-hardware.com
wrote:

I've tested just about any program in th gmenu2x menu and most work out of the
box. Of course, some bomb out because sound is lacking. Sometimes it's ugly
and freezes the screen. Thanks for SSH.

Some can be made to work like LINKS, which only requires a slightly different
video mode. The emulator doesn't like setfont2. Changing it to setfont adds
another three working programs to the list.

Another program the emulator doesn't like is a peculiar "selection" program,
that is interfaced with mplayer and nupdf. Nupdf works flawlessly, though.
Mplayer spit out just about anything I threw at it. I assume it requires some
FOSS format. Yes, I did use -nosound..

It's late, I'll figure that one out later.

Hans Bezemer

--
Absolutely no trees were killed to produce this sig. Well, OK, we had to tie
one up and torture it. That's it.

Visit our website! http://thebeez.home.xs4all.nl/4tH/

*** Home of the 4tH compiler! ***