anelok: touch slider idea

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Dec 5 06:11:54 EST 2013

Felix wrote:
> The user don't have "touch" feedback of actions,

Yes, the feedback would be all visual. With the wheel it's somewhat
similar, though: while you can feel the clicks for small angles
(maybe up to ~90 deg), you depend on visual feedback for large angles.

> and anything "touch enabled" is harder to interface and develop.

Yes, a lot of "touch" interfaces plainly suck. There are a number
of issues with touch, one being sheer overloading. If the thing is
kept simple and likely false positives are filtered out, it may
work. Especially the "swiping" movement seems quite natural to me.

Nanik "nicksydney" Tolaram, who proposed the idea, wants to give it a
try. Let's see how it goes.